This is your dispatch for Monday June 26th, 2017. Members please call (780) 482-0720 between 8:00 and 8:30am. CSTS-09, OSSA Safety Certified, Pre-access testing and AB Trade Equivalency certification is required. If these job postings do not have a current date, please refer to our Job Line Recording at 780-482-1637 in Edmonton or 780-791-5866 in Fort McMurray.
- A&H @ LRT Req: 2 Jry Rodmen for 3 – 4 mths, 4 – 10’s+ schedule, Commercial Agreement, Starts: June 26th
- AGF Reinforcing @ Edm Area Req: 1 Jry Rodmen and 2 App Rodmen for 1 wk+, 5 – 8’s schedule, Commercial Agreement, Starts: ASAP
- Goldbar Reinforcing @ Edm Area Req: 2 Jry Rodmen for 1 wk+, 5 – 8’s schedule. Must have own transportation, Commercial Agreement, Starts: ASAP
- Harris Rebar @ Edm Area Req: 2 Jry Rodmen for 1 wk+, 5 – 8’s+ schedule. Commercial Agreement. Starts: ASAP
- There are no current job postings for the Fort McMurray area for dispatch on June 26th.
- Reminder that there is a General Meeting at the Union Hall this Saturday June 24th, this will be the last meeting until September 2017.
- Micah Field our Legal Counsel will be doing a Bill 17 update regarding Legislation changes
- The Sisters of 720 will be having a BBQ fundraiser after the General Meeting, please bring and bottles/cans for recycling and any toiletries from your hotel stays for donation to the less fortunate
- 8 Year Member Brother Robert Fitzgerald passed away on June 16, 2017. The family is having a Celebration of Life on June 25th, 11:00 AM at the Sylvan Lake Legion 4916-50th Avenue. Our deepest sympathies go out to his family.
- There will be a Celebration of Life for Mike Ogloff on June 25th from 2:00-8:00PM at his house at 1035 73 Street NW. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm attendance.
- Local 720 has been accepted to enter the K-Days Parade on July 21st. There will be an Ironworker themed float that will require 22 retired or semi-retired members to sit on the steel beams and ride the float. Interested members can contact Colin Kerik @ 780-499-8527 email@example.com. (note updated email address for Colin) There is also a minimum of 50 Ironworkers required to walk alongside the float with full gear (Belt & PPE). Interested members can contact Chad Wegenast at 780-264-4766 firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a new ironworker website. The jobs are being updated daily on the job recording line and on the website. If the date on the website does not match the current date then you are looking at the old website and you should type in the web address for the ironworkers which is www.ironworkers720.com. Do not use google to regard the jobs, go from the home page.
- Member Dan Stevenson is in the Stony Plain Hospital in room 601. Visitors are welcome.
- Our 2nd Annual Zoo BBQ at the Edmonton Valley Zoo will be taking place on Saturday, July 8th from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm. Click on the link to register for this great event.
- Local 720 has started a Voluntary Organizer Committee, Open to any members who are interested in helping with organizing non-union companies and their workers. As it stands the VOC meets on Wednesdays and Fridays on a regular basis at a non-union job site downtown Edmonton from 5:30-7:00AM. Please contact Dean Murray 780-446-9305 to confirm and get exact site location.
- The automated phone number for Members to call and sign the unemployed register is 780-666-4724. Please call the union hall to confirm that you are on the list.
- The Ironworkers Sub Office is now located at the 955 Operating Engineers office at 258 Gregoire Drive. Please contact Robert Letendre @ 780-975-2768 or Len Raboud @ 587-646-7810.