Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.*
*Except Registered Apprentice Program (RAP) students
- Grade 12 Diploma is preferred. Minimum Requirement: Have
a pass mark in Math 10, Math 13, Math 14, Applied Math 10 or Pure Math
10 and English 10 or 13, or English Language Arts 10-1 or 10-2, or
equivalent, or pass the entrance exam (see Entrance Level Competencies, Exam Counselling Sheet, Entrance Exam Study Guide, and Entrance Exam Support Materials List)
- Applicants must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Applicants must be physically able to do work normally performed in the trade.
- Applicants must be able to commute to job location if required.
All Union Ironworkers receive apprenticeship training through the Alberta Ironworkers Apprenticeship and Training Plan.