CWB testing and practice
CWB testing is open for MEMBERS and workers dispatched through Local 720 only.
All Welders must have proof of Journeyman or Apprentice Welding trade certification approved in Alberta.
CWB testing includes:
- 4 position SMAW (Carbon and Stainless Steel)
- 4 position FCAW (Carbon and Stainless Steel)
- Arc Spot Weld Test (Decking)
- 4 position SMAW WT (Tacking)
- 4 position FCAW WT (Tacking)
Members can access the Training centre weld shop Monday through Friday 8:00am to noon and 1:00pm to 4:30pm for CWB practice.
The Weld shop is also open late the Thursday night before a Friday CWB test
Practice time is paid for from the members Bursary at the current rates oulined in the Bursary rules.
Call Christianne in the weld shop to schedule practice time - 780-733-4886
To Register for CWB testing:
Contact the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908