This is your dispatch for Monday April 21st, 2014. Members please call (780) 482-0720 between 8:00 and 8:30am. Travel cards and probationary members call in between 10:00am and 10:30am. CSTS-09, OSSA Safety Certified, Pre-access testing and AB Trade Equivalency certification is required. If these job postings do not have a current date, please refer to our Job Line / Recording at 780-482-1637 in Edmonton or 780-791-5866 in Ft. McMurray.
Any United States Journeyman Ironworkers, Journeyman Welders or Journeyman Rodman who are interested in working through our Local please do not call the Local as we are just collecting names via email. You must forward a resume, copies of your trade tickets (qualifications), FBI clearance check and you must also carry a valid passport and not have a criminal record (including impaired driving charges). Please send to email@example.com. For further details please refer to the “Foreign Workers” link under Working in Alberta.
· Please note that the Local 720 office will be closed on Good Friday, April 18th. It will reopen again on Monday, April 21st.
· The 24th Annual Ironworkers Golf Tournament is on June 14th at the Quarry Golf Course! Please look under Current News for the registration form and further information. The deadline for registering is May 28th!
· There will be a general meeting on Saturday, April 26th at 9:00am at the union hall
· Immediately following the General Meeting on Saturday April 26th, there will be a proposal meeting for members to provide suggestions for the upcoming Collective Agreement bargaining. This includes any structural, commercial and reinforcing concerns. If you are unable to attend the meeting you can send any suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to the hall at 780-482-0874.
· All Job Stewards please ensure any work reports on potential members are in before the April 26th General Meeting.
· There will be a celebration of life for Brother George Hodder at the 720 Union Hall on Saturday, May 10th from 1pm-3pm
· NAIT is actively looking for a new Instructor for the Ironworker Program at the NAIT Souch Campus. The closing date is May 2nd/2014. If anyone has any questions, they can contact Chris Aparicio via email at email@example.com or at his office at 780-378-1022
· Please note that the Local 720 office will now be answering phone calls during the lunch hour (12pm-1pm)
· An ironworkers 720 softball team is being made again this year, likely starting around May 20th. If you are interested in joining please email firstname.lastname@example.org
· If you are interested in attending the Pin & Awards Banquet on May 24th at the Shaw Convention Centre, please contact Ana at 780-482-0720. The tickets are $60 each, we take VISA and MasterCard over the phone or you can come down to the hall. The deadline to purchase your tickets is Friday, April 25th!
· Acadia Rebar @ Red Deer (Rimbey) Req: 2 Jry Rodmen and 6 App Rodmen for 2 wks+, 10 hrs/day. Commercial agreement with LOA provided. Starts: April 28th
· Alstom @ Genesee Req: 2 Jry versatile Welders for 1 wk+, 7 – 10s schedule. Bussing available. Starts: April 22nd & April 28th
· PCL @ Nisku Mod Yard Req: One 1st yr app IW and two 2nd or 3rd yr app IWs for 3 wks+ 5-10s schedule. Starts: Apr.23rd
· Jacobs @ Syncrude Req: 1 Jry IW and 7 Jry Welders for 1 month+, 12&2 schedule. Night shift only, Camp provided, GPC agreement. 661T weld test on site. Starts: April 28th
· Jacobs @ Syncrude Req: 3 Jry IWs, one 2nd or 3rd year App IW, and 7 Jry Welders for 1 month+, 12&2 schedule. Camp provided, GPC agreement. 661T weld test on site. Starts: April 28th