This is your dispatch for Monday November 24th, 2014. Members please call (780) 482-0720 between 8:00 and 8:30am. Travel cards and probationary members call in between 10:00am and 10:30am. CSTS-09, OSSA Safety Certified, Pre-access testing and AB Trade Equivalency certification is required. If these job postings do not have a current date, please refer to our Job Line / Recording at 780-482-1637 in Edmonton or 780-791-5866 in Fort McMurray.
Any United States Journeyman Ironworkers, Journeyman Welders or Journeyman Rodman who are interested in working through our Local please do not call the Local as we are just collecting names via email. You must forward a resume, copies of your trade tickets (qualifications), FBI clearance check and you must also carry a valid passport and not have a criminal record (including impaired driving charges). Please send to email@example.com. For further details please refer to the “Foreign Workers” link under Working in Alberta.
The Local is now accepting resumes from Members for another Fort McMurray Agent position. Interested Members please send you resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
· There will be a General Meeting on Saturday November 22nd at 9:00AM
Alberta Building Trades has requested a 720 Female Journeyman to represent each union in an upcoming campaign. Please email email@example.com
· Waiward Steel is looking for a Workface Planner for the Suncor Fort Hills Project. Click here for the information.
· Member Bernie Stuchenko is having surgery on Thursday at the Royal Alex Hospital. Visitors are welcome.
· Member Rick Baun is in the U. of A. Hospital in Room 4G326 visitors are welcome.
· Member Merv Cebuliak is in the Sturgeon Hospital in St. Albert in room 1713 and is accepting visitors.
A Signatory Contractor is looking for resumes for a Pre Cast Foreman to work at the arena to start in November. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
· There is a new phone number for Members to call and sign the unemployed register:
Please call: 780-666-4724
· The Ironworkers Local 720 does not participate on Facebook
· Kelgor Limited @ Ft. Sask Req: 1 Jry IW and one 2nd or 3rd yr app IW for 2 wks+ 6-10s schedule. Collective Agreement. Starts: ASAP
· PCL @ Mod Yard Req: 2 Jry IW’s for 2 wks+, 5 – 10’s+ schedule. Night shift. Collective Agreement. Starts: ASAP. Orientation Mondays and Wednesdays only @ 6:00pm.
· Solidarity Steel @ South Edm Area Req: One 1st Yr App IW for 2 wks+, 5 – 8’s schedule. Commercial Agreement. Starts: ASAP
· Supreme Steel Bridge Div. @ Blackmud Creek Req: 3 Jry IWs for 2 wks+ 5-10s schedule. Commercial Agreement. Starts: Nov. 26th
Fort McMurray Area:
· CIMS @ Suncor Fort Hills Req: 2Jry IW’s and 1 Jry Welder for 1 mth+, 14 & 7 schedule. Camp provided. Flights from Edm & Calgary, Travel paid. PLA Agreement. Starts: Dec 4th.
· HB Construction @ CNRL Req: 1 Jry IW for 2 wks+, 14 & 7 schedule. Camp provided. Flights across Canada. HCML Agreement. Starts: Dec 2nd.