Dispatch Information - How to Use The Job Line
Fort McMurray Office
Sub Office: 780-743-2023
- Members please be advised you will be required to sign the out-of-work list each time you have completed each job. To be put on the out-of-work list you will need to contact the union hall, identify yourself and your trade qualification.
- Manpower requests are placed on Local Union 720’s dispatch recording at 5:00pm daily. Manpower requests are then dispatched the following business day. To listen to the dispatch recording see the numbers above.
- Dispatch recording explains details of the call; craft desired, duration, shift schedule, geographical location etc.
- All post-ins or phone-ins must be received by the dispatcher PRIOR to dispatch start time specified on the dispatch recording.
- Members post-in between 8:00 and 8:30. Dispatch normally begins at 8:30am unless otherwise specified on the dispatch recording.
- Travel Cards, Probationary Members and Permits can only post-in between 8:00 and 10:30 ONLINE using the POST IN form. Dispatch normally begins at 10:30 unless otherwise specified on the dispatch recording.
- When posting in please leave a return phone number where you can be reached at during that day. You should hear back before 2:00 pm (Alberta Time) if you have been awarded the job.