Foreman Training for Ironworkers
Foreman Training for Ironworkers is a 24-hour course (3 days) designed to develop skilled Ironworker foremen. During this course the participants will learn the roles and responsibilities of the foreman. In addition, they will learn how to create an effective work team, communicate effectively, apply problem-solving skills, document and maintain records, maintain labour-management relations, plan and schedule work, implement a safety program, and ensure the quality of work. This course includes guest speakers with updated information on the Canadian Model Alcohol and Drug Guidelines and Work Rule as well as focused training on proper record keeping and documentation.
The objective of this course is to develop skilled Ironworker foremen.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Ironworker foreman.
- Create an effective work team.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
- Document work activities and maintain records.
- Maintain labour-management relations.
- Plan and schedule work.
- Implement a safety management program.
- Ensure quality work through a quality management process.
- Apply technical tips for Ironworker foremen.
- Canadian Model Alcohol & Drug Guidelines and Work Rule
This course is designed for new, experienced or future Ironworker foremen. The participant should be a skilled journeyman or apprentices in the last period of their formal training with basic reading, writing, and math skills, first aid training (including CPR) and strong safety skills.
Ironworkers Local 720 Training and Test Centre
10512-122 street Edmonton
Dates and Times:
Dates to be announced - Check the Training centre calendar for current dates and times
Meals will be supplied for each day. Please note that attendance of full course is necessary for Completion Certification.
- Foreman Training for Ironworkers reference manual
- Course syllabus and schedule
- Handouts for the various course exercises
Contact the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908
Important Course Information
- A $150 Fee will be charged to NO SHOWS or those who fail to attend the entire course.
- Participants are asked to arrive 10 min before the start of class.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted.