H2S Alive is a 6-8 hour course that teaches students how to work safely in and around Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
- H2S Properties, Health Hazards and Locations
- Hazard Assessment and Control
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Detection of H2S
- Initial Response Strategy
- Participants must be able to put on a mask and breathe under air
- Participants must be able to participate in rescue drag techniques
- Basic literacy and understanding in the language the course is being taught (English)
Upon successful completion of the required practical skills and written exam with a minimum score of 70% you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years.
- Members in good standing of Ironworkers local 720
- Workers dispatched through Ironworkers local 720 who require this training for their employment
- Public participants (call the training center for pricing. 780-482-0908)
Ironworkers Local 720 Training and Test Centre
10512-122 street Edmonton
Dates and Times:
Dates to be announced - Check the Training centre calendar for current dates and times
Please note that attendance of full course is necessary for Completion Certification.
Contact the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908
Important Course Information
- A Fee will be charged to NO SHOWS or those who fail to attend the entire course.
- Participants are asked to arrive 10 min before the start of class.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted.