IRATA Rope Access Training
Rope Access is an evolved form of work positioning that allows workers to access heights and confined spaces using a secure two rope system. Once in the working position, workers are able to complete work efficiently and effectively offering significant advantages over traditional access methods such as scaffolding and manlifts. Rope Access is also applied to complement or work alongside traditional access methods increasing safety and efficiency.
The following items will be taught as part of the 5-day course:
- Care and Maintenance of PPE
- Harness Assembly
- Basic Haul Systems
- Rope Clamps
- Ascent and Descent
- Ascent with Descender
- Descent with Ascender
- Legal Requirements
- Bagging and coiling of rope
- Basic Anchors
- Passing Deviations
- 4-point Transfer
- Rope protection
- Edge Obstruction at Top
- Small and Large Re-Anchors
- Horizontal Aid Climb
- Fixed and Mobile Anchors
- Climbing and Fall Arrest Systems
- Descent Rescue
- Using Work/Comfort seats
- Basic Haul Systems
- Independent Assessment
Members in good standing of Ironworkers Local 720 only
- Candidates should be physically fit and unaffected by any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely.
- Candidates are required to certify that they do not have any medical disabilities or contra-indications that may prevent them from working safely. (Medical form must be signed by the participant prior to the start of training)
- Candidates will be required to undergo a Pre-access Drug and Alcohol test along with a Fit for Work assessment conducted at a SURE HIRE facility.
- The member will be responsible to pay up front for the cost of the pre-access testing
- Once the training is completed the member will be reimbursed the cost of the successful pre-access testing.
Team Industrial Services
- $2100 per student
- 1/2 of the course cost will be paid from the members Training Bursary. The remainder of the course cost will be paid by the Training Fund.
Dates and Times:
Dates to be announced - Check the Training centre calendar for current dates and times
Please note that attendance of full course is necessary for Completion Certification.
Contact Scott Papineau at the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908
Important Course Information
- Candidates who book and do not attend the course will be required to re-pay the full course cost.