Join Local 720
Local 720 has proudly represented workers since 1949. We’ve represented our members in collective bargaining and negotiated good wages, pension and benefit plans, and improved working conditions.
Probationary Guidelines / Standard Membership Application Process
- You must get a Reference Number using the Pre-Qualification Application ONLINE.
With your Reference Number you can Post In ONLINE between 8:00 am and 10:30 am, Monday-Friday.
- Once you have been awarded a job from Local 720, you must pay probationary union dues while you are working out of Local 720.
- $33.00/month for an apprentice
- $34.00/month for a journeyman
- Dues must be paid when first pulling a slip out of Local 720 and on a monthly basis thereafter.
- Please note probationary (formerly permit) dues will not be getting deducted from your pay as before, it is your responsibility to make your monthly payments to Local 720.
- Please note that this term does NOT mean you are a Local 720 member.
- Application Process
As a probationary member you must follow the standard membership application process to become a full fledged member of Local 720.
- Post in for a job following the posting in procedure. Once you get a job, follow the steps below:
- Fill out the appropriate paperwork with administration.
- Make sure your tickets are on file.
- Get work reports completed by your job steward, one for every 30 days.
- As a Structural/Welder Apprentice/Journeyman you require three positive work reports.
- As a Reinforcing Apprentice/Journeyman you require one positive work report.
- Attend a New Member Orientation.
- Pay your initiation fee:
- $173 for an apprentice Ironworker/Welder,
- $123 for an apprentice Rodman,
- $174 for a journeyman Ironworker/Welder
- $124 for a journeyman Rodman.