OSSA Confined Space Entry/Monitor
Confined Space Entry/Monitor is a 6-8 hour course that covers the following topic areas:
Confined Space Entry/Monitor Basics, Legislation and Standards
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Basic Knowledge of proficiency in the identification and classification of confined spaces and in the identification of restricted spaces
- How to recognize risks and hazards of confined/restricted spaces and demonstrate knowledge of methods of controlling them
- How to define the duties of a confined space monitor
- How to apply knowledge of Alberta legislation and the OSSA Regional Code of Practice
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) ACT
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Regulation
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Code
- Part 5 - Confined Spaces
- Part 10 - Fire and Explosion Hazards
- Part 15 - Managing the Control of Hazardous Energy
- Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA) Confined Space Regional Code of Practice (RCOP) 2010 Rev01
Members, Probationary Members and Travel Card Members dispatched from Ironworkers local 720 as well as the General Public looking to upgrade their safety certifications
Workers who have not been dispatched from Local 720 must pay in advance to attend this course. Call the training center at 780-482-0908 for pricing.
Payment must be made PRIOR to attending the course.
Ironworkers Local 720 Training and Test Centre
10512-122 street Edmonton
Dates and Times:
Dates to be announced - Check the Training centre calendar for current dates and times
Contact the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908
Important Course Information
- A $150 Fee will be charged to NO SHOWS or those who fail to attend the entire course.
- Participants are asked to arrive 10 min before the start of class.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted.