OSSA Fall Protection
Fall Protection is an 8-hour course designed to familiarize the Ironworker in the proper use and inspection of a full body harness and means of connection between harness and a qualified anchorage point or anchorage connector in conjunction with legislative requirements.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand principles and ideology of fall protection
- Become familiar with applicable Standards and Regulations
- Differentiate between Fall Arrest and Fall Restraint systems
- Select and set up appropriate systems based on tasks and limitations
- Comprehend rescue necessity and requirements
This course is designed for Apprentice and Journeyman Ironworkers (Structural, Reinforcing and Welders). The participant should have basic reading, writing, and math skills, first aid training (including CPR) and strong safety skills acquired in the A.C.S.A.
Ironworkers Local 720 Training and Test Centre
10512-122 street Edmonton
Dates and Times:
Dates to be announced - Check the Training centre calendar for current dates and times
Time: 8:00am to 4:30pm (late arrivals will not be permitted)
Please note that attendance of full course is necessary for Completion Certification.
Contact the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908
Important Course Information
- A $150 Fee will be charged to NO SHOWS or those who fail to attend the entire course.
- Participants are asked to arrive 10 min before the start of class.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted.