Rebar 101 Training for Ironworkers
Rebar 101 Training for Ironworkers is a 40 hour course (1 week) designed to provide existing Local 720 members with the knowledge and skills required for his or her first day on the job site as a Reinforcing Ironworker. Major topics covered in this course include basic safety, measuring, and hand tools.
The objective of this course is to enable the student to go to work as an apprentice Ironworker (Reinforcing)
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Follow basic safety guidelines
- Demonstrate the ability to measure
- Demonstrate the ability to use basic hand tools
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the reinforcing Ironworker
This course is designed for existing members who are interested in gaining employment with local 720 as Reinforcing Ironworkers. Applicants must be members in good standing, 18 years of age or older with valid class 5 drivers license and their own transportation
Ironworkers Local 720 Training and Test Centre
10512-122 street Edmonton
Dates and Times:
Class runs Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Contact Scott Papineau the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908
Important Course Information
- A $150 Fee will be charged to NO SHOWS or those who fail to attend the entire course.
- Participants are asked to arrive 10 min before the start of class.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted.