Stand Up for Safety 2016 Hardhat Sticker Competition
It’s here! The Stand Up for Safety Hardhat Sticker competition has begun. We have started production on the second Stand Up for Safety video, to be released at this year’s BTA Conference (to see the original video, click here). To accompany the new video, we are looking for a new sticker that members can wear on their hardhats to show that they are both willing to:
- approach and address fellow workers when they see something that causes them concern, and
- receive help when fellow workers approach and address them.
The symbol should be something that everyone can instantly recognize as a symbol of safety and a reminder that we are all looking out for one another, ensuring that we all get home safely. Be creative. Be imaginative. And get your creativity rewarded with a plaque and a $100 gift card.
The more easily your sticker is can be recognized as the Stand Up for Safety hardhat sticker, the stronger the program will be. That means more brothers and sisters looking out for each other, leading to safer worksites. Safer worksites are really appealing to owners and contractors, so the more we can demonstrate our commitment to safe practices, the more work we will be able to secure in the future.
The deadline for submissions is July 15 - enter as often as you like! A group of finalists will be chosen from all submissions, and final voting will take place on our Facebook site in August, with you, the BTA member, making the final decision.
1. Members or family of members can enter as often as they wish – the more entries we have, the better the competition.
2. Images must be original art – no copyrighted works can be used.
3. Final image must be printable on a sticker no larger than 5cm by 5cm
4. Entries submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org