Variable reach Forklift/Telehandler
This variable reach forklift/Telehandler training is designed to provide variable reach forklift and telehandler operators with a solid foundation in:
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Safety Regulations
- Telehandler Fundamentals
- Field Level Hazard Identification
- Preventative Maintenance & Procedures (Pre-Operational Inspections)
- Job Safety Analysis
- Safe Operation
- Principle of Balance & Stability
- Proper Start Up & Shut Down Protocol
- Operating on Slopes
- Safe Loading Handling & Techniques
- Load Charts
Our 1 day (8:00am to 4:30pm) course consists of classroom theory, a written test and practical hands on experience. Course content is delivered through multimedia presentations and interactive discussion, then reinforced through workbooks and supplementary handouts
This course is open to local 720 Member Apprentice and Journeyman Ironworkers (Structural, Reinforcing and Welders). Probationary members and travel cards require authorization from a signatory contractor before booking. The participant should have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
Ironworkers Local 720 Training and Test Centre
10512-122 street Edmonton
Dates and Times:
Dates to be announced - Check the Training centre calendar for current dates and times
Please note that attendance of full course is necessary for Completion Certification.
Contact the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908
Important Course Information
- A $150 Fee will be charged to NO SHOWS or those who fail to attend the entire course.
- Participants are asked to arrive 10 min before the start of class.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted.