Ironworker Job Steward Program
The Ironworker Job Steward program is a comprehensive communications and training tool. It is intended to advance the knowledge, abilities and skills of Job Stewards and to enhance their effectiveness and value in representing their union and it's members and contributing to the successful completion of construction jobs. The safe, timely and cost effective completion of construction jobs contributes to the success and well being of Workers, Unions, Employers and Clients.
Our vision is to have Job Stewards who understand and are aligned with the Union's position with respect to administration of the collective agreement and with regard to the job site policies and program, all within the framework of the Ironworkers Standards or Excellence and the Guiding Principles set out in this course
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the expectations of an Ironworker Job Steward
- Have a clear and comprehensive framework describing roles and responsibilities of the Job Steward.
- Understand summary information related to common jobsite issues such as employee discipline, grievances, trade jurisdiction matters and typical project policies and procedures.
- Identify and describe a variety of related subject areas that require Ironworker Job Steward awareness and knowledge.
Current Job stewards representing local 720 and Journeyman members of Ironworkers Local 720
Ironworkers Local 720 Training and Test Centre
5720-59 street NW, Edmonton, AB
Dates and Times:
Check the training calendar for upcoming course dates, times and locations
Meals will be supplied for each day. Please note that attendance of full course is necessary for Completion Certification.
Contact the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908
Important Course Information
- A $150 Fee will be charged to NO SHOWS or those who fail to attend the entire course.
- Participants are asked to arrive 10 min before the start of class.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted.