Mobile Elevated Work Platform Training (online)
Mobile Elevated Work Platform is a 6-8 hr ONLINE course with an IN-PERSON practical assessment.
- Participants must have a valid Fall protection ticket PRIOR to attending the IN-PERSON practical assessment
- Participants must have computer or laptop with internet access and a webcam to access the program
- Participants must have photo I.D. to access the program and complete the final exam
- Participants can use our computer lab to complete the online program (call the training center for bookings (780) 482-0908)
- Participants who complete the online theory and exam can call the training center to book their IN-PERSON practical assessment (approx. 1-2 hr.) (780) 482-0908
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- Legislation and standards as pertaining to elevated work platforms;
- Recent statistical information, workplace incidents, and the requirement for training;
- Elements of pre-work planning;
- Conducting a pre-use check and visual inspection;
- Employer and worker responsibilities;
- Load limitations and calculations;
- Machine specific features;
- Working from heights;
- Platform types;
- System components; and
- Safely operating an aerial work platform in the field.
Online Theory and exam: 4-6 hrs. (approx.)
In-person practical: 1-2 hrs. (approx.)
Fall Protection training is a pre-requisite for Mobile Elevated Work Platform Training, you will be required to present proof of Fall Protection Training completion prior to attending this course. Participants must have proper clothing for practical activities, evaluation runs rain or shine.
Workers must achieve at least 80% on the theory and practical exams in order to pass the course.
- Member in good standing of Ironworkers local 720
- Workers currently dispatched through local 720 who require Mobile Elevated Work Platform training for their employment
- Public participants who posses the pre-requisite training (Fall protection) Call the training center for pricing 780-482-0908
Contact the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908