OSSA Elevated Work Platform Training
The course is approximately eight hours in duration and includes an instructor led presentation, practical exercises, class discussion, DVD presentation, written knowledge test, and practical exam.
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- Legislation and standards as pertaining to elevated work platforms;
- Recent statistical information, workplace incidents, and the requirement for training;
- Elements of pre-work planning;
- Conducting a pre-use check and visual inspection;
- Employer and worker responsibilities;
- Load limitations and calculations;
- Machine specific features;
- Working from heights;
- Platform types;
- System components; and
- Safely operating an aerial work platform in the field.
This course has been approved for 8 hours.
OSSA Fall Protection training is a pre-requisite for OSSA Elevated Work Platform Training, you will be required to present proof of OSSA Fall Protection Training completion prior to attending this course. Participants must have proper clothing for outdoor activities, course runs rain or shine.
Workers must achieve at least 80% on the theory and practical exams in order to pass the course.
- Member in good standing of Ironworkers local 720
- Workers currently dispatched through local 720 who require Elevated Work Platform training for their employment
- Public participants who posses the pre-requisite training (Fall protection) Call the training center for pricing 780-482-0908
Contact the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908
Important Course Information
- A $150 Fee will be charged to NO SHOWS or those who fail to attend the entire course.
- Participants are asked to arrive 10 min before the start of class.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted.